Home > EMail - Setting Up Thunderbird 24 for Windows Using IMAP
1- Start your new account setup
- Open Thunderbird.
- Select Tools and then click Account Settings
- Select Account Actions
- Select Add Mail Account
2- Add your account identity information.
- Enter your name, EMail address and EMail password. (Remember password is automatically selected once the password is entered)
- Click Continue.
- After process is complete, click Manual config
3- Add server information.
- Under Configuration found by trying common server names section, verify that the incoming server is set to like : mail.micro-life.com with change micro-life.com to your domain, Type: IMAP, Port to: 993, and security method to: SSL/TLS
- Change Outgoing server to: mail.micro-life.com with change micro-life.com to your domain, Port to: 465, and security method to: SSL/TLS
- Click Re-test
- Click Done, after Thunderbird has verified the settings for your email account
- Click OK
4- Finish your setup.
- Click Get mail to retrieve mail.
- When prompted to enter your password for the the SMTP server
- Enter your EMail password
- If the Internet Security Warning window pops up, click Yes.
- Now your computer can send and receive e-mail securely with Thunderbird.